We grow a large variety of vegetables, raspberries, bedding plants, herbs. Our booth at the market changes with the season starting out mostly with plants and then, produce slowly takes over the space. We offer a large selection, specializing in peppers, tomatoes, eggplant, watermelon and cantaloupe. In the fall pumpkins, squash and gourds are available. Our main growing season is May through October.
Our products are available at the following Lincoln farmers markets. Saturday at the Haymarket starting May 4, 2013, Sunday at the Old Cheney Road farmers market starting April 28, 2013 through October. Starting June through August we are at the Garden Market in Lincoln on Wednesday. Also we have produce at the Tomato Tomato Indoor Farmers Market in Omaha from May through November. We also take orders by phone or email.
For 26 years Johnson Produce has been at the market supplying customers with delicious produce.
We love to see our loyal customers returning each year. It makes us feel great when we hear them say how much they enjoy our products.
For the 2013 season we will be at the Old Cheney Road Farmers Market in Lincoln on Sunday from 10:00 am until 2:00 pm from April 28 through October 27. On Saturday we will be at the Haymarket Farmers Market in Lincoln from 8:00 am until 12:00 pm from May 4 through October 12.. We will also have produce at Tomato Tomato in Omaha starting in April through November. Also April 6, April 11, April 20 and April 27 we will have a booth set up outdoors at Tomato Tomato in Omaha selling herb and flower plants.
Saturday and Sunday we will have special flowers available for Memorial Day and you can still look forward to fresh cut asparagus, herbs, and a large variety of beautiful and colorful flowers. We will have hanging planters, bedding flowers in 4 packs and other potted flowers. Every week we look forward to seeing you all!
Oven Roasted Asparagus
- 1 Bunch Asparagus Spears Trimmed
- 3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 Clove Garlic Minced
- 1 Teaspoon Seasalt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Place asparagus in a container with the olive oil and move it around to coat the asparagus, (or use olive oil spray), sprinkle garlic, salt and pepper, and coat again.
3. Arrange the asparagus on a baking sheet in a single layer. Top with grated parmesan cheese (the amount listed is a suggestion, add as much as cheese as you like).
4. Bake in preheated oven just until tender, 12 -15 minutes depending on thickness of asparagus. Sprinkle with lemon juice just before serving if desired.
Phone: (402) 652 - 3769